1/1 Photo of Colossal Caramel Apple Dessert
This is delicious!! I made this for a large party and everyone commented on how good it tasted and looked!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 6 cups cold milk
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 (17 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 2 (16 ounce) cartons frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9 inch round baking pans.
- 2Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes, apple pie spice and brown sugar for two minutes.
- 4Let stand until soft set.
- 5Cut one cake layer, if needed, to fit evenly into an 8 quart punch bowl.
- 6Poke holes in cake with a long wooden skewer.
- 7Gradually pour a third of the caramel topping over cake.
- 8Spread with a spatula.
- 9Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans.
- 10Spread with half of the pudding mixture.
- 11Spread one can of pie filling over pudding mixture.
- 12Spread one carton of whipped topping on top of pie filling.
- 13Top with remaining cake and repeat the layers.
- 14Drizzle the remaining caramel topping on top and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- 15Refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Colossal Caramel Apple Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 257.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice