Delicious both at breakfast or as part of the breads served at a holiday meal. Especially nice at Thanksgiving or Christmas served alongside the turkey or ham.
- In a bowl, stir together corn meal, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
- In a second bowl, whisk egg with buttermilk (or sour milk) and oil.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients all at once, stirring just until blended.
- Spoon into well greased muffin pans, filling about ¾ full.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 20 minutes or until a golden brown.
- Enjoy warm, cooled to room temperature or split and toasted.
Wowsers. That's my son's review. These are really delicious. Moist, a little sweet, very good. Thanks for sharing.
my dad and boyfriend (who is obsessed w/ corn muffins) gave two thumbs up! i liked them with a little i cant believe it's not butter spray! and i used red. fat buttermilk, 1/2 sugar and 1/2 splenda, and some applesauce in place of the oil...still delicious!
Awesome tasty recipe! I used this recipe for cornbread, corn muffins and mini corndog muffins, and its always works great! However, the first time I made this they nearly burned; I had to pull them out 5 minutes early. I'm not sure why, but I only ever need to bake for about 15 minutes, so keep an eye on the time until you know how your oven will handle it!