Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 15 mins
A little different from most roast turkey recipes -- a great recipe for any special occasion. If you don't have reisling wine, any good white wine can be used.
- 1 (7 1/2 lb) turkey breast (bone-in)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 cups riesling wine
- Sprinkle turkey breast evenly with salt and pepper.
- Stir together butter, rosemary, and sage. Loosen skin from turkey without detaching it; spread butter mixture under skin. Arrange one-fourth of orange and lemon slices over butter mixture. Gently pull skin over fruit. Coat with cooking spray. Place turkey in an aluminum foil-lined baking pan coated with cooking spray. Place onion and remaining orange and lemon slices in pan. Drizzle with wine.
- Bake at 325° for 2 hours and 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 170°, basting every 30 minutes.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray to prevent excessive browning after 1 hour and 30 minutes, if necessary.