1 hr 20 mins
Very comfort-foody! From the Oprah site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
- 8 cups raisin bread or 8 cups challah, cubed
- 2 apples, peeled and cubed
- 6 egg yolks (may use egg substitute)
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream (may use non-dairy creamer)
- 1 cup whole milk (may use 2%)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
Orange Butterscotch Sauce
- 1-------CinnamonRaisin Bread Pudding-----------.
- 2Peel and cube the apples.
- 3In a saute pan melt the butter, then add the apple cubes and brown sugar and saute until soft.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5In a 10" x 8" pan, layer bread cubes and apple cubes.
- 6In mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, whole eggs, cream, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon and beat well.
- 7Pour mixture over bread and apple cubes and allow to sit 15 minutes.
- 8Place pan with apples and bread in a larger pan and fill with water to 1" of the top.
- 9Back in 350-degree oven for 35 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- 10Allow to cool, then cut into squares and serve with Orange Butterscotch Sauce, you may also drizzle with melted vanilla ice cream.
- 11-----------OrangeButterscotch Sauce------------.
- 12In sauce pan melt butter, then add brown sugar and allow to bubble.
- 13Add orange liqueur and fresh orange juice and allow to reduce to half.
- 14Add heavy cream and reduce until lightly thickened.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding with Orange Butterscotch Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.6
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 224.5 mg
- Sodium 65.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 46.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: