1/1 Photo of Chocolate-Toffee-Caramel Bars
1 hr 10 mins
Recipe created by Amy (Kline) Limbrick for the Pillsbury 37th Bake Off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white vanilla chip
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) chocolate-covered english toffee bars, chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 32 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1In a mixing bowl, add the cake mix, oil, and eggs; stir to combine.
- 2Add in the chocolate chips, vanilla chips, and candy bar pieces (mixture will be thick).
- 3Press half the mixture into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- 4Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 5In a saucepan, add the margarine, caramels, and condensed milk.
- 6Cook over med-low heat until the caramels melt and mixture is smooth, stir frequently.
- 7Pour caramel mixture over baked crust; spread evenly.
- 8Crumble remaining cake mix mixture over the caramel layer.
- 9Place back in the oven; bake 25-30 minutes or until the top is set and edges are deep golden brown.
- 10Cool for 20 minutes.
- 11Run a knife around sides of pan to loosen bars.
- 12Cool 40 minutes.
- 13Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 14Cut into bars.
- 15Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Toffee-Caramel Bars
Serving Size: 1 (2160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.7
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 248.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g