Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mother's pecan pie for chocolate lovers! We always had this during the holidays and other special occasions when pecans were in season in the South. Very rich, so cut small pieces! This freezes well and makes nice holiday gifts!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In saucepan, heat corn syrup, sugar, chocolate, and milk, stirring constantly until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Slowly stir warm chocolate mixture into the beaten eggs.
- Scatter pecans in unbaked pie shell.
- Pour chocolate mixture over pecans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until set.
- Cool several hours before cutting into wedges.
- Top with a dollop of ice cream, whipped cream, or whipped non-dairy topping.
Very rich and delicious. I made it in a chocolate cookie crumb pie crust which complemented it nicely.
Pie was okay, too dark chocolatey for me, thanks for the recipe anyway.
I am eating it right now and it is just THE BEST!!! :) I want to have it every day . Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. ~Ri