1/2 Photos of Chocolate Harvest Cake
1 hr 35 mins
This recipe came out of a Better Homes and Gardens magazine and it is one of the prettiest and best-tasting cakes I've ever made
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
Pumpkin Cream Filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease (and flour) two 9"x1 1/2" round baking pans.
- 3Combine and whisk all cake ingredients BUT flour and cocoa powder.
- 4Add flour and cocoa powder and whisk until even.
- 5Spread evenly into the two pans.
- 6Bake for 30-35 minutes until top springs back or toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Let cool.
- 8In a medium bowl, whisk together Pumpkin Cream Filling ingredients. (Make sure cream cheese is soft enough so you don't end up with cream cheese chunks!).
- 9Spread Pumpkin Filling on top of one cake and top it with the other.
- 10Boil whipping cream over medium-high heat.
- 11Remove from heat and add chocolate, DO NOT stir.
- 12Wait 5 minutes until chocolate is melty, then stir until smooth and chocolate is liquid.
- 13Wait until glaze has thickened (10 minutes) and then pour over top of cake.
- 14Refrigerate cake or let set until glaze is fairly solid (15-30 min).
- 15OPTIONAL: top with seasonal berries or nuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Harvest Cake
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.3
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 274.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 6.5 g