Vino Girl's Note:
I like the brownie-like flavor of these cute little cookies, and I love how simple they are to make. They are easily hand-mixed, so don't drag out the mixer! I made a double batch using one whole egg in just 45 minutes from start to finish. I didn't refrigerate the dough, but next time I might because it was a bit sticky to work with. Judge doneness by touch rather than appearance, since once they start to "look" done, they are already overbaked. This recipe comes from Everyday Food magazine #16. I am including the vanilla variation, although I have not tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Place butter and sugar in a medium bowl and beat well using a wooden spoon.
- 2Add in egg yolk, vanilla, baking powder and salt, and continue to mix until combined.
- 3Add flour and cocoa and mix until a dough forms.
- 4Scoop out level teaspoons of dough and form into balls.
- 5Place dough on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are firm and the cookies feel dry to the touch.
- 6Remove pan from the oven and immediately press a candy corn in the center of each cookie.
- 7Allow cookies to cool on the pan for one minute before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 8VANILLA VARIATION: Simply omit the cocoa and increase the flour to 3/4 cup; otherwise proceed the same as above.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Candy Corn Sugar Cookies (plus a Vanilla Variation)
Serving Size: 1 (7 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.2
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 28.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: