1/3 Photos of Chicken Stuffing Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
Extra veggies make this dish a hit with kids and parents alike! It helped my picky eaters learn to like more veggies. This is a low-maintenance dish, quick & easy, especially if you prep the chicken or even the whole casserole the night before. I also like to make this with Thanksgiving leftovers, but it's good any time of year you have leftover poultry. I also improve the nutritional value by using low-fat, low-sodium, and whole-grain products whenever possible or by substituting homemade ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (about 4 large breasts)
- 2 (6 ounce) packages Stove Top stuffing mix (low-sodium preferable)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (low-fat if possible)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup water or 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, peas, carrots, corn, or your favorite frozen veg. blend)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream soup (mix or match celery, chicken, or mushroom)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Evenly cover bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan with cubed chicken.
- 3Layer frozen vegetables evenly over chicken.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine cans of soup with milk, mixing well, and pour evenly over vegetables.
- 5Combine stuffing, butter, and water or chicken broth until stuffing is coated. Spread evenly over top layer.
- 6Bake uncovered 35-40 minutes or to desired crispness of stuffing.
- 7NOTES: I significantly reduce the sodium content by using low-sodium foods whenever possible and by replacing the Stove Top with my homemade stuffing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stuffing Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 299.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: