1/1 Photo of Cheesy Mashed Potato Bake
Make this complete casserole up to a day in advance cover tightly and refrigerate, when ready to bake just pop in the oven and bake for a little longer time than stated. Add in some green onions and cooked crumbled bacon id desired. Use only russet potatoes for this! Prep time includes cooking potatoes. This makes a wonderful side dish and all amounts can be adjusted to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup sour cream (can use more)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened (low-fat is okay)
- 1/4 cup 18% table cream
- 1 1/4 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender (about 20 minutes) drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Add in sour cream, butter, softened cream cheese and cream; beat until smooth.
- 3Add in shredded cheddar; mix to combine then season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- 4Transfer to a 2 or 3-quart casserole dish; sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- 5At this point you can cover and refrigerate or bake for about 20-22 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Mashed Potato Bake
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 951.8
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 126.5 mg
- Sodium 1732.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 28.3 g