Make this complete casserole up to a day in advance cover tightly and refrigerate, when ready to bake just pop in the oven and bake for a little longer time than stated. Add in some green onions and cooked crumbled bacon id desired. Use only russet potatoes for this! Prep time includes cooking potatoes. This makes a wonderful side dish and all amounts can be adjusted to taste.
- 7 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (can use more)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened (low-fat is okay)
- 1⁄4 cup 18% table cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender (about 20 minutes) drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add in sour cream, butter, softened cream cheese and cream; beat until smooth.
- Add in shredded cheddar; mix to combine then season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a 2 or 3-quart casserole dish; sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- At this point you can cover and refrigerate or bake for about 20-22 minutes.
We were looking for a slightly decadent potato dish to go alongside a pork roast for a good friend's birthday dinner. This hit the spot. Would have been delicious even without the gravy we put on it. Thanks, Kittencal, for coming through once again!
Excellent recipe. So quick and easy. A very delicious recipe. I will always make this recipe thanks for sharing kittencal.
I thought these were good. I only used 5 large potatoes and added onion, seasoning salt and garlic salt. I baked at 350 degrees for 20 min in a 9x13 dish.