1/3 Photos of Cheese & Onion Pull Apart Loaf
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A scrumptious pull apart bread filled with onions, cheese and parsley, with a few yummy additional extras that can be added. See the Notes below. Great with winter soups or summer antipasto, dips and salads. Adapted from a recipe on the Simply Great Meals Club website, and saved here for safe-keeping until I have a chance to make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the frozen onions in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- 2Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl; add the butter and rub it in with your fingertips to resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- 3Mix the egg, milk and mustard together; add them to the flour mixture and mix to form a soft dough.
- 4Turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead lightly; and then divide the mixture into approximately 14 uneven pieces.
- 5Line a greased 14cm x 22cm loaf pan with baking paper; and place half the dough in pieces over the base.
- 6Sprinkle with half of the onion, cheese and parsley; then cover it with the remaining dough and the remaining onion, cheese and parsley.
- 7Bake the loaf in a preheated oven at 200°C /400°F for 40-45 minutes or until it is a rich golden brown.
- 8Notes: This is best eaten hot straight from the oven. Add chopped kalamata olives or diced bacon with the onion for a tasty addition.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheese & Onion Pull Apart Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.3 mg
- Sodium 597.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 10.5 g