1 hr 10 mins
This carrot cake has no raisins or nuts in it and has a delicious Ginger Cream Cheese icing. Recipe is from Taste of the South.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into quarters
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ginger Cream-Cheese Icing
- 1For cake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line the bottoms of 3 (9-inch) cake pans with parchment paper and spray with baking spray with flour; set aside.
- 3Grate carrots in a food processor.
- 4Add applesauce, stirring to combine; set aside.
- 5In large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- 6Add oil, eggs and vanilla extract; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 7Fold in carrot mixture.
- 8Divide batter evenly among pans.
- 9Bake until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- 10Let cool in pans for 20 minutes.
- 11Remove layers from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
- 12To prepare icing, in large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 13Add butter, beating until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 14Add confectioners' sugar, honey and ginger, beating until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- 15Spread icing between layers and on top and sides of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake With Ginger Cream-Cheese Icing
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1375.7
- Calories from Fat 679
- Total Fat 75.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 280.3 mg
- Sodium 1058.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 166.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 126.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g