1/6 Photos of Caramel Apple Puff Dumplings
Very nice and yummy dessert. Nice presentation and wonderful too! This is easy to make because am using prepared puff pastry as well as the caramel fudge topping and Cool-Whip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 4 medium cooking apples (Golden Delicious or Jonathan)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar or 4 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice, for apples in case they start to turn brown
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3Thaw and unfold puff pastry.
- 4On lightly floured surface, roll the pastry into a 16" sqaure.
- 5Cut with a knife into 4 equal pieces.
- 6Peel and core cpples.
- 7Trim the bottoms so the apples sit flat.
- 8Place 1 apple in the center of each square.
- 9Use 1/4 teaspoon of lemon juice if apples start to trun brown.
- 10Mix together the brown sugar or brown-sugar splenda, butter or margarine and cinnamon.
- 11Spoon into apples.
- 12Beat the egg and water together in a small bowl.
- 13Moisten the edge of the pastry with the mixture.
- 14Bring the pastry up around the apple, pleating the pastry as needed to form a seal.
- 15Place the dumplings in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 16Brush them with remaining egg mixture, sprinkle with granulated sugar or splenda.
- 17Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- 18When ready to serve; heat the caramel sauce and the toasted pecans.
- 19Place a warm dumpling on a serving plate and drizzle the sauce over the top.
- 20Garnish with cool-whip or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Puff Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.2
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 320.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g