1/3 Photos of Caramel Apple Pie
1 hr 15 mins
Pouring the caramel over the top of this pie gives it a sweet, crunchy glaze. I have always wanted to make it with a full top crust but everyone always requests the lattice top! Prep time includes preparing the apple slices. Feel free to use refrigerated pie crusts. NOTE: I used a full top crust (see pictures) and it is still delicious and easy, just not very pretty. It would be prettier without using the caramel as a glaze on the top, simply mix it all in with the apple slices.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples, store in a bowl with some lemon juice to keep from turning brown until needed.
- 2Preheat Oven to 425°F.
- 3Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- 4Stir in flour to make a paste.
- 5Add water, vanilla, sugars and spices and bring mixture to a boil.
- 6Reduce temperature and simmer, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat and pour approximately 3/4 of caramel mixture over apples and toss to coat.
- 8Place bottom crust in a deep dish pie pan.
- 9Fill with apple slices (there will be a lot, create a mound).
- 10Cover with a lattice top crust and pour remaining caramel over the top, pouring carefully so it doesn't spill out. Or toss all caramel with apples and cover with a vented top crust.
- 11Place on a cookie sheet (for runoff) and bake for 15 minutes.
- 12Reduce temperature to 350F and cover pie crust and continue baking for 35-45 minutes or until apples are soft.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.4
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 248.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 66.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g