This is a soft texture cheesecake with a wonderful apple, caramel and struesel topping. Should chill overnight. (Source: I saw this pasted into one of the talk threads several weeks ago, but after attempting to contact the poster in the message board with no results, I assume she is not posting it here...so after trying it, I did)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup caramel topping
- 1For crust: Stir together in bowl the flour and sugar.
- 2Cream in the butter, then add the egg, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 3The batter will be very soft.
- 4Spread in the bottom of a spring form pan.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 12- 15 minutes.
- 6For Cake: In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and flour.
- 7Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- 8Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition to smooth consistency.
- 9Add the sour cram and vanilla, beat until smooth.
- 10Pour over the baked crust.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 12Turn oven down to 200 degrees and bake 1 hour.
- 13Streusel Topping: In a small bowl combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmet, and cloves.
- 14Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse oatmeal.
- 15Add 1 cup chopped walnuts.
- 16After the cheesecake has baked 1 hour and 15 minutes,* top with the apple pie filling.
- 17Pour caramel over the top of the pie filling and then top with the struesel.
- 18(Note: The cake is not completely baked at this point, so it will be lose.) Return cake to the oven and continue to bake at 200 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 19Cool cake on wire rack 2 hours.
- 20Remove sides of spring form pan**.
- 21Let cake cool completely before serving.
- 22*Ifyou like a more cakey cheesecake, I would suggest you try cooking this an addition 15- 20 minutes before adding the toppings.
- 23**Thisis a very soft cheesecake, and I found it better to wait until the cake had chilled overnight, then run a knife around the inside of the pan before removing the sides.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (3079 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8971.6
- Calories from Fat 5012
- Total Fat 556.9 g
- Saturated Fat 277.5 g
- Cholesterol 2481.7 mg
- Sodium 5507.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 902.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.4 g
- Sugars 478.5 g
- Protein 142.3 g