1/9 Photos of Cape Cod Cranberry Muffins
These cranberry-studded muffins make an easy breakfast or dessert. They freeze well, so bake up a batch and keep them on hand. Recipe is from Carole Walter's "Great Coffee Cakes, Sticky Buns, Muffins & More."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1/4 cups frozen cranberries
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Line 14 muffin cups with paper or foil cupcake liners.
- 3Place the cranberries in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped; set aside.
- 4In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 5In small saucepan, combine the butter and oil and heat until the butter melts.
- 6Stir in sugar; it will not dissolve.
- 7In large bowl, use a wooden spoon to stir together the eggs and orange juice.
- 8Stir in the sugar-butter mixture, then add the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- 9When the flour is almost incorporated, stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- 10Fill the muffin cups until almost full with batter, about 1/4 cup each.
- 11Bake for 18-20 minutes, one pan on each shelf.
- 12Halfway through baking, rotate the pans front to back and switch them from one shelf to the other.
- 13Bake until the muffins are golden brown and the tops are springy to the touch.
- 14Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cape Cod Cranberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 178.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g