Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've used this delectable recipe for years, and unlike many others it doesn't contain cornbread mix. It is always a huge hit, both as a Thanksgiving dish, but also a great side dish for a summer cookout. I hope you enjoy it, it's my first post here at the Recipe*zaar...I double this for Thanksgiving
- 2 (2 lb) cans creamed corn
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) canof sliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) canof diced ortega green chilies
- 2 cups of grated mild cheddar cheese, save 1/2 cup for the top
- Combine all in a deep uncovered casserole.
- Bake at 350 till set, (45 minute or till set in the center) Don't over bake.
I brought this to our family Christmas dinner. Our guests from Panama thought this was wonderful! I ended up leaving the leftovers with them and promising to send the recipe. One thing I added was a small jar of diced pimento which gave it some good color for our holiday dinner.
I made this dish for a T'Day potluck, (it travels well) and it got rave reviews from everyone. I had to bake it a little longer than indicated before the center was set. As I was making it, I thought another variation might be to add a little cooked broccoli - I'll let you know if I try it next time.
Kayelle...welcome! And WOW was your recipe a hit with the family and friends, although I had a hard time sharing it. Yummy!!! And I bet it would be good with ground beef added for a "casserole" dinner. Hope to see more great recipes from you! Happy cooking! Aunt Yaya