Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've used this delectable recipe for years, and unlike many others it doesn't contain cornbread mix. It is always a huge hit, both as a Thanksgiving dish, but also a great side dish for a summer cookout. I hope you enjoy it, it's my first post here at the Recipe*zaar...I double this for Thanksgiving
- 2 (2 lb) cans creamed corn
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) canof sliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) canof diced ortega green chilies
- 2 cups of grated mild cheddar cheese, save 1/2 cup for the top
- Combine all in a deep uncovered casserole.
- Bake at 350 till set, (45 minute or till set in the center) Don't over bake.