1/2 Photos of Cajun Creamed Cauliflower
Great way to serve cauliflower. Cauliflower in a white cream sauce with melted cheese on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cauliflower, washed and broken into flowerets (9 cups) or 2 lbs frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 slices bread
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3/4 lb American cheese or 3/4 lb mild cheddar cheese, sliced thin
- 1In a large, uncovered pot of boiling salted water, cook cauliflower 16 minutes (follow package directions if using frozen cauliflower); drain well.
- 2Cut crusts off bread and soak in milk for 10 minutes.
- 3Add melted butter, onions, garlic, and celery.
- 4Season to taste and cook over medium heat until mixture forms a thick cream gravy.
- 5Cover cauliflower with cream gravy.
- 6Cover with cheese slices and bake in oven at 350°F until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Creamed Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.0
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 659.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 10.6 g