Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe for cornbread stuffing with a Cajun twist.
Make and share this Cajun Cornbread Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup celery (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup crabmeat (lump)
- 1⁄4 cup shrimp (cooked and chopped)
- 1 cup cornbread (crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- Fry bacon until crisp, remove from pan and set aside.
- Drain grease from skillet, reserving 1 tbs.
- Saute garlic,onion,green pepper and celery in 1 tbs. of bacon grease until softened.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine sauteed vegetables,crab meat,shrimp,crumbled bacon,cornbread,chicken broth,seafood seasoning and sage.
- Use to stuff poultry.
Good recipe! I never had crab in stuffing before so it was something I had to get use to. If I made the recipe again, I would not include the crab.
This is a great recipe. I used some crawfish I had left over after a boil, instead of shrimp, and of course added some Cajun seasonings. The pan was clean by the end of the meal..the company just kept picking....