1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash Gratin
1 hr 15 mins
kyle martin's Note:
I recently discovered the unique and flavorful taste of this "less popular" winter squash. I feel that this vegetable is overlooked by most of society. Do yourself a favor and a try butternut squash, if not this recipe, another. However, I feel that you might enjoy this version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon, rind of
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 (3 lb) butternut squash, peeled,seeded,and cut into 3/8 inch slices (about 10 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, warm
- 3/4 cup freshly grate parmesan cheese (3 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1Heat oven to 4oo degrees.
- 2spray 12*8- inch glass baking dish or gratin dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In small bowl, mix together parsley, lemon peel and garlic.
- 4Spread half of the squash slices in baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and half of parsley mixture.
- 6Top with remaining squash and parsley mixture.
- 7Gently pour broth over squash.
- 8Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- 9Cover with foil.
- 10Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until squash is almost tender.
- 11Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix together cheese, bread crumbs and oil.
- 12Top gratin with cheese mixture.
- 13Bake, uncovered, an additional 15 minutes or until squash is tender and top is golden.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.0
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 219.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g