1/3 Photos of Butter Pecan Cake
1 hr 25 mins
This is from my MIL.
My Private Note
8inch l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Butter Pecan Frosting
- 1Pour melted butter into a baking pan.
- 2Stir in pecans; toast at 350 degrees for 1 0 minutes; set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- 5Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- 6Stir in vanilla and 1 cup toasted pecans.
- 7Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until test done.
- 9Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- 10Remove cakes from pans and continue cooling on wire racks.
- 11For frosting, cream butter and sugar together.
- 12Add milk and vanilla, beating with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 13Add additional milk if needed.
- 14Stir in remaining pecans.
- 15Spread frosting between the layers and over the top and sides of the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butter Pecan Cake
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.4
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.2 mg
- Sodium 274.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 62.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g