1/1 Photo of Breaded Brussels Sprouts
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
Brussels sprouts are quite often referred to as "Little Cabbages" and some persons did not like them until they tried them breaded. These Breaded Brussels Sprouts are an excellent vegetable dish to be served with your main course. The crumb coating gives them a very unique taste. Originally, I found a recipe that just had some dried bread crumbs sprinkled on them. With some experi
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 -3 cups cold water (, or enough water to cover sprouts)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted (divided)
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (, Parmigiano Reggiano preferred)
- 4 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1Wash and trim Brussels sprouts.
- 2Cut an"X" in the stem, about 3/8 inch deep (This will help cook the Brussels sprouts more evenly and quicker).
- 3In a medium size saucepan, add Brussels sprouts and cover with cold water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 6 minutes or until just tender, (DO NOT OVERCOOK); drain.
- 5Place sprouts in a six-cup oven proof casserole dish.
- 6Sprinkle 3 tablespoons melted butter over the sprouts and mix well to coat.
- 7Brussel sprouts should be in a single layer.
- 8Meanwhile, combine Parmesan cheese, dried bread crumbs, granulated garlic powder, black pepper, seasoning salt and remaining 3 tablespoons butter and mix well.
- 9Sprinkle mixture over the Brussels sprouts.
- 10Place casserole dish about 3 inches below broiler in oven and broil on HIGH for about 5 minutes or until the crumb mixture is lightly browned.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breaded Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 359.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: