This is definitely a freeze ahead recipe option. You can freeze after you put together and just heat from freezer for approx 20 additional minutes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta (can also use elbow pasta)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 (1 lb) container low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and sqeezed of excess liquid
- 3/4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Cook pasta according to directions, omitting salt and undercooking by 2 minutes.
- 2Drain Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 F degrees.
- 3Grease 12 cup oven-proof casserole.
- 4Mix pasta, sauce, cottage cheese, sour cream, spinach, scallions, salt, pepper in a bowl.
- 5Spoon into casserole and top with cheese.
- 6Bake, covered for 20 minutes, uncover and continue baking for about 10 minutes or until temperature registers 150 F degrees.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bow Tie Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.8
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 88.0 mg
- Sodium 976.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 23.0 g