Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is definitely a freeze ahead recipe option. You can freeze after you put together and just heat from freezer for approx 20 additional minutes!
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta (can also use elbow pasta)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 (1 lb) container low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and sqeezed of excess liquid
- 3⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to directions, omitting salt and undercooking by 2 minutes.
- Drain Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Grease 12 cup oven-proof casserole.
- Mix pasta, sauce, cottage cheese, sour cream, spinach, scallions, salt, pepper in a bowl.
- Spoon into casserole and top with cheese.
- Bake, covered for 20 minutes, uncover and continue baking for about 10 minutes or until temperature registers 150 F degrees.