Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Lovely presentation and great taste. from low carb cooking
Make and share this Blue Cheese-Spinach Stuffed Turkey Breast recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs frozen boneless turkey breast, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 ounces blue cheese or 2 ounces feta cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees, coat roasting pan and rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll turkey breast; rinse and pat dry.
- Place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
- Pound turkey breast with flat side of meat mallet to create even piece about 1 inch thick.
- Remove and discard skin from one side of turkey breast; turn meat over so skin side faces down.
- Combine spinach, blue cheese, cream cheese, green onions, mustard, basil and oregano in medium bowl, mix well.
- Spread evenly over turkey breast.
- Roll up turkey so skin side is on top.
- Secure with tooth picks if necessary.
- Carefully place turkey breast on rack; sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- Roast 1 1/2 hours or until no longer pink in centre of breast.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before removing skin and slicing.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
Wonderful! Picky eater husband LOVED it!! Used fat free cream chees(still very creamy) and fresh spinach as we prefer fresh if possible. Basted with a little chicken broth towards the end of cooking and VOILA!!! Really yummy!Going to try with ground turkey and roll up like jelly roll.
This is SO good! I made it at Thanksgiving when I had only a few meat eaters to feed. I wish I had bought a bigger turkey breast so I could of had more leftovers. It was my first attempt at Thanksgiving dinner for my husbands family, and my mother in law has since been calling me and asking me to send the recipe. I used swiss and gorganzola cheese instead, and it turned out great.
I made this with feta and fresh spinach. Left out the green onions just because I didn't have any on hand. It was easy to put together and oh so yummy!