Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a blue-ribbon award-winning recipe that my husband cut out of our local newspaper from a recipe contest. I have not made it yet, but I will as soon as I can because DD Loves Pumpkin Pie! Here's what the author, Debbie Grandits, says about it, "Everyone's response was, It's better than pumpkin pie, and this year my phone has been ringing off the wall with requests for the recipe".
- Combine in mixer the pumpkin, sugars, eggs, vanilla, evaporated milk and spices, mixing well.
- Pour into a 12 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top and pat down.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over the top.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Let cool.