Source: Kraft Foods
Make and share this Best Ever Peanut Butter Chocolate Molten Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425°F Butter 4 (3/4-cup) custard cups or soufflé dishes and place on baking sheet.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir with whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add sugar; mix well. Blend in whole eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.
- Pour 1/2 the batter evenly into prepared cups. Spoon 1 tablespoons peanut butter into centre of batter in each cup. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 14 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are still soft. Let stand 1 minute. Carefully run small knife around edges of cakes to loosen.
- Invert cakes onto dessert plates. Cut in half to serve.
Very yummy! I didn't use baking squares of chocolate, but with a little detective work I figured out each square is equal to one ounce. I also used natural crunchy peanut butter since that is what we have in the house, and it worked fine. Two of us shared a (heart shaped!) ramekin, instead of turning it out onto a plate. If you love peanut butter and chocolate together, this one's for you!
What's not to love about chocolate and peanut butter together. So delicious. The recipe was reduced to one wonderful cake which DH and I shared on a single plate. I followed Maito and used 1 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips. The cake was dusted lightly with confectioner's sugar at serving. Made for Aussie Swap.
This did not turn out good at all. Cake had absolutely no taste.