1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe came from a cookbook received as a Christmas gift. This is a great "special occasion" dish. It was well received and consumed heartily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1 package frozen ready to bake puff pastry sheet
- 1/2 lb mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Tie meat w/ string@ 1" intervals, if needed.
- 3Place meat on rack in baking pan.
- 4Roast 45-50 min.
- 5or until meat thermometer registers 135 degrees.
- 6Remove from oven.
- 7Cool 30 min.
- 8in refrigerator.
- 9Remove string.
- 10Thaw puff pastry sheets according to package directions.
- 11Cook and stir mushrooms in margarine in large skillet 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- 12Add cream cheese, bread crumbs, wine, chives and salt; mix well.
- 14On lightly floured surface, overlap pastry sheets 1/2" to form 14x12 inch rectangle; press edges firmly together to seal.
- 15Trim length of pastry 2 1/2" longer than length of meat.
- 16Spread mushroom mixture over top and sides of meat.
- 17Place meat in center of pastry.
- 18Fold pastry over meat; press edges together to seal.
- 19Decorate top with pastry trimmings, if desired.
- 20Brush pastry w/combined egg and water.
- 21Place meat in greased 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan.
- 22Bake 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- 23Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Tenderloin En Croute
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 890.8
- Calories from Fat 554
- Total Fat 61.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.6 mg
- Sodium 435.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 49.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with garlic and herbs