These baked onions make for a deliciously different first course or a great side to a roast.
Make and share this Baked Vidalia Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- With a sharp knife, cut out a 1 inch in diameter by ¾ inch deep cavity in top of onions, reserving scraps.
- Season each onion.
- Combine butter, Worcestershire Sauce, cumin and sugar.
- Fill cavities of onion with the butter mixture.
- Arrange onions in baking dish, add broth, wine and scraps to dish and bake, basting occasionally, for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until very tender.
- Serve as a first course.