Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These baked onions make for a deliciously different first course or a great side to a roast.
Make and share this Baked Vidalia Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 4 vidalia onions, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- With a sharp knife, cut out a 1 inch in diameter by ¾ inch deep cavity in top of onions, reserving scraps.
- Season each onion.
- Combine butter, Worcestershire Sauce, cumin and sugar.
- Fill cavities of onion with the butter mixture.
- Arrange onions in baking dish, add broth, wine and scraps to dish and bake, basting occasionally, for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until very tender.
- Serve as a first course.
Pretty dish! The onion came out nice and tender, and the flavors of the Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar helped to compliment the sweet onion. Thanks for sharing! Culinary Quest '14
Excellent recipe! The flavors were so good, I will definately be making this again. Great for company!
Loved this. It's reminiscent of French onion soup. Would totally serve this at a dinner party as a side. Thanks for posting Agent Evelyn!! Made for Culinary Quest FP 2014.