1/1 Photo of Baked Sweet-and-Savory Mashed Potatoes
Classic mashed potatoes has some competition here--a great combo of white and sweet potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Bring potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and water to to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven; cook 30 minutes or until tender.
- 3Return potatoes to Dutch oven.
- 4Add sweet potatoes and cream cheese; mash untl smooth with a potato masher.
- 5Stir in bacon, next 3 ingredients and remaining 2 teaspoons salt.
- 6Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11-x7-inch baking dish.
- 7Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- 8Garnish with crumbled bacon, if desired.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sweet-and-Savory Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.3
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 1633.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 14.9 g