Classic mashed potatoes has some competition here--a great combo of white and sweet potatoes.
Make and share this Baked Sweet-and-Savory Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and mashed
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and water to to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven; cook 30 minutes or until tender.
- Return potatoes to Dutch oven.
- Add sweet potatoes and cream cheese; mash untl smooth with a potato masher.
- Stir in bacon, next 3 ingredients and remaining 2 teaspoons salt.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11-x7-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon, if desired.