1/3 Photos of Baked Potato Stuffing
This is courtesy of the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix Contest hosted at our local fair last week. This was the first place winning recipe. With the holidays around the corner, I thought it was a perfect time to post. This is always a huge hit and I always get asked for the recipe....it is sooo easy and very flavorful; you don't really need gravy over these potatoes. When I double this for a larger crowd, this fits nicely in a 13x9 casserole dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups instant potato flakes
- 3 1/2 cups unseasoned soft croutons (I've even used potato bread bread cubes) or 3 1/2 cups bread cubes, divided (I've even used potato bread bread cubes)
- 3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix (dressing mix, not dip mix)
- shredded cheese, any kind, I've used a mix of cheddar and Monterey Jack (optional)
- chopped scallion, to garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees; place soft bread cubes on an ungreased cookie sheet and put in the oven while it preheats (this will just make the soft cubes a little more done); remove when oven is done preheating.
- 2In a large saucepan, bring butter, water and salt to a boil; remove.
- 3Add milk and potato flakes, mix well.
- 4Stir in 3 cups of croutons, celery and Hidden Valley mix.
- 5Transfer to casserole dish and top with remaining croutons; bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- 6*If using cheese, remove from oven and add cheese; return to oven until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Potato Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.3
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 265.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hidden valley ranch dressing mix