Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an adaptation of a recipe from a local bbq restaurant that I loved so much I played around at home until I came up with this. You don't need butter or broth for the potatoes as the bacon grease does this and is delish.
- Boil potatoes until soft, drain, and place in casserole dish (you don't need to mash them).
- While potatoes are boiling, fry bacon on the stove, reserve all grease.
- Pour the bacon and all the drippings on top of the cooked potatoes and stir to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Flatten mixture in dish and cover with a layer of sour cream and a layer of cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.