Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this from my sister, who makes it for every Thanksgiving. I like it a lot better than the recipes using Bisquick or corn muffin mix. Tip: thaw the corn in a colander in the sink and you won't have to drain it afterwards!
- Melt shortening and then add the flour.
- Add milk gradually and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add corn, sugar, salt and pepper and heat thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and add beaten eggs.
- Pour into greased baking dish, sprinkle with buttered crumbs if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until firm.