1/1 Photo of Baked Carrots With Swiss Cheese and Bacon
I'm not that crazy about carrots, but this one looks like it would be pretty good. I'd like to try it for a change from other vegetables I usually make. Recipe is from Taste of the South.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- 3Add carrots and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- 4Plunge into ice water to stop cooking.
- 5Layer half of carrots in a 2-quart baking dish.
- 6Cover with 3 slices Swiss cheese.
- 7Repeat with remaining carrots and cheese slices.
- 8In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 9Add onion and cook for 2 minutes, or until soft.
- 10Sprinkle flour, salt and chili powder over onions.
- 11Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 12Add milk and cook for 10 minutes, stirring until thickened.
- 13Pour sauce over carrots and cheese.
- 14In small bowl, combine bread crumbs, bacon and melted butter.
- 15Sprinkle evenly over carrots and sauce.
- 16Bake for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Carrots With Swiss Cheese and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.7
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 721.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 12.7 g