8 hrs 10 mins
Pork, when cooked to perfection, is my favorite meat. I started serving this dish last fall when apples were being harvested and it was a huge hit. I like granny smith but many others will do just fine. Some people like to eat the apples with the pork. I prefer them just to flavor the meat and sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub pork loin with pepper and salt to taste.
- 2Brown sides in frying pan.
- 3Line apples on the bottom of a crockpot.
- 4Lay pork loin on top of apples.
- 5Whisk the remaining ingredients together and pour over pork loin and apples.
- 6Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 7*Note:I use Livingston's Chablis Blanc which is about$4.00 a bottle in the grocery store. However, Beringer's Chenin Blanc or a nice German white wine (like Reisling) would be lovely as well.
- 8**Note:I use my mom's homemade peach jam. If you use plain peach jam be sure to add 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of ground clove for a wonderful flavor.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Autumn Harvest's Best Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.1
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 81.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 30.6 g