this is a great post thanksgiving idea, using your leftover bird.
Make and share this Asian Turkey Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces wide rice noodles
- 1 -2 cup boiling water, to cover noodles
- 6 cups turkey broth or 6 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 6 slices of peeled ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- bean sprouts
- fresh mint leaves
- lime wedge
- sliced serrano chili
- place noodles in a bowl, add enough boiling water to cover.
- let them stand 5 minutes, drain, set aside.
- combine stock, soy or fish sauce, ginger, garlic in a large pot.
- bring to boil, lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- remove ginger, discard.
- add turkey and noodles.
- add scallions, stir to heat through.
- ladle into bowls, serve with sprouts, chiles, mint, and lime wedges.