1/2 Photos of Apple Sweet Potato Scallop
1 hr 20 mins
This is the perfect side dish on a chilly Autumn evening. The apples give it just the right amount of sweetness, and it smells heavenly cooking. I actually cooked this in a smaller oval casserole dish and used 2 sweet potatoes and 3 apples, so obviously the amounts are very flexible. Just reduce the other ingredients and make sure you use enough OJ so that it covers about 2/3 of the sweet potatoes and apples. Yum! I got this wonderful recipe from my friend Shell Marr.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Place alternate layers of sweet potatoes and apples in baking dish, ending with apples.
- 3Pour orange juice and zest over mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 4Bake, covered with foil, in preheated 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- 5Remove foil, top with crushed cereal or bread crumbs, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6Bake 15 to 20 minutes more until brown.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Sweet Potato Scallop
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 107.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of