Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sweet potatoes were always a favorite of mine as a kid. This one is a little different and I think very good. Goes well with ham.
- Spray a 4 quart slow cooker lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the sweet potatoes, apple pie filling, raisins, 3 tablespoons butter (cut up), and apple pie spice to the slow cooker; gently stir to mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- In a large skillet, add the pecans, sugar, and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Over medium heat, cook, stirring constantly, for 8-10 minutes or until sugar mixture that adheres to the nuts turns golden and starts to melt.
- Pour nut mixture out onto a piece of foil; let cool completely.
- Coarsely crush the nut mixture.
- Serve potatoes topped with nuts.