8 hrs 30 mins
Sweet potatoes were always a favorite of mine as a kid. This one is a little different and I think very good. Goes well with ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a 4 quart slow cooker lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Add the sweet potatoes, apple pie filling, raisins, 3 tablespoons butter (cut up), and apple pie spice to the slow cooker; gently stir to mix.
- 3Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- 4In a large skillet, add the pecans, sugar, and 2 tablespoons butter.
- 5Over medium heat, cook, stirring constantly, for 8-10 minutes or until sugar mixture that adheres to the nuts turns golden and starts to melt.
- 6Pour nut mixture out onto a piece of foil; let cool completely.
- 7Coarsely crush the nut mixture.
- 8Serve potatoes topped with nuts.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Spiced Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.5
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 154.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice