1/4 Photos of Apple Spice Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
1 hr 10 mins
Just Call Me Martha's Note:
This is a very simple and quick apple cake that I make time and time again. Great on it's own - even better with a little dollop of freshly whipped cream. Make sure you let the glaze thicken well and SLOWLY pour the glaze onto the cake, giving it time to soak in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb tart apple, peeled,cored,cut into 1 inch chunks (3 large Granny Smiths work well)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 9" spring form pan.
- 3Place all cake ingredients into bowl of mixer.
- 4Beat on lowest speed until apples are in 1/4" chunks and their juice has thinned the batter slightly.
- 5This takes about 3 minutes.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- 7Bake in the middle of the oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean- about 50 minutes.
- 8Let the cake cool slightly.
- 9Unmold and poke the top of the cake all over with a meat fork.
- 10Pour glaze over the warm cake, letting the excess run down the sides.
- 11Cake can be decorated with more chopped walnuts or pecans.
- 12To Prepare Glaze: Put all ingredients into small saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring, over low heat.
- 13Simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 1 minute.
- 14Let cool until slightly thickened- about 7- 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Spice Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.1
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 336.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g