1/1 Photo of Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups finely chopped peeled cooking apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- pecan pieces
- caramel ice cream topping
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1In a large bowl, mix together apples and sugar.
- 2Stir in oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- 3In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- 4Add flour mixture to apple mixture; stir until combined.
- 5Fold in 1 cup pecans.
- 6Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8 or 9-inch round baking pans.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- 8Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- 10For frosting: In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 11Beat in caramel ice cream topping.
- 12Gradually beat in 2 cups sifted powdered sugar.
- 13Beat in 2 1/4 cups additional powdered sugar to reach the appropriate spreading consistency.
- 14Place one cake layer on a serving platter.
- 15Frost top of this cake layer.
- 16Add the second cake layer on top; frost top and sides with remaining frosting.
- 17Garnish with additional pecan pieces and drizzle with extra caramel ice cream topping.
- 18Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.8
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 342.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 68.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g